Heimatstern e.V. was founded in February 2016 when a number of well networked and dedicated people who had already been active in the refugee aid joined their forces.
It is our aim to fully pass on any donations we get to the needy people. And, yes, with fully we mean 100%. All our work is done on a voluntary basis and we even pay costs like petrol allowances and such out of our own pockets. Heimatstern e.V. is fully funded by private sponsors. There are no public funds involved at all!
Out team is people-focused, regardless of their origin, religion or gender. Over time, our range of activities has grown and exceeds plain refugee aid by far.
What have we achieved so far?
- We have sent ten (10!) 40-ton-trucks, filled to the brim with humanitarian supplies, to Northern Greece
- We have supplied several hospitals in Greece with pharmaceuticals, medical consumables and medical appliances and larger devices
- We have equipped, organized and operated several aid transports to Croatia, Serbia, Romania, France, Italy, Latvia, Ukraine and Turkey
- We help people in social plights in Munich and all over Germany (clothing, food, pharmaceuticals and other needs)
- We have successfully raised funds online for several financially ambitious medical projects
- We are financing the food supply of a Squat in Athens (a shelter in an occupied, formerly vacant, building), which is run by refugees on their own
- Continuously growing development cooperation with a local partner association in Uganda
Our local focus is on supporting refugees with their “arriving” and settling in efforts, on representing those in need regardless of their origin vis-à-vis administrative bodies and institutions and on continuously supporting projects providing refugee aid and development cooperation.
The ability to provide immediate and straightforward unbureaucratic relief in emergency cases is our core strength. Nonetheless, our mind is still set on long-term humanitarian aid projects as well.
We have been able to establish a network with the “Tafel” and the “Foodsharing-Netzwerk” for the support of people in Munich, which enables us to provide high-quality food supplies efficiently and without wasting resources.
Thanks to a warehouse provided by the City of Munich, material donations even of large quantities can be accepted without any problem at short notice to distribute them to where they are needed most.
We check, assort and repackage all material donations we receive to ensure that helpers on-site can act without unnecessary losses of time.